This was an image I have had in my head for a long time. I've tried drawing it on several occasions, but it never came out quite right. The difficulty was pulling off the pose and prospective. The sketch for this particular piece was the first I was finally half-way satisfied with, and chose to finish.
I employed a few new tricks when coloring this. A triadic color scheme - green, purple, and orange - was used for the bed sheets, curtains, and fur. The pattern on the sheets and pillow cases were designed to enforce the prospective. And the lighting was something I experimented extensively on. In the end, I put a lot of effort into this art. Hopefully, it was worth it, if only for the learning experience. You can hit the download for a larger version, if you'd like.